How to Boost Your Home’s Curb Appeal
Ideally, you would like buyers to wait until they’ve viewed your whole property before they judge it. However, the reality is, buyers start forming an impression of your home as soon as they see it from the curb. So, it pays to do everything you can to improve your property’s “curb appeal“.
Here are some ideas on how to Boost Your Home’s Curb Appeal:
- You can improve the impact of your landscaping by trimming hedges, removing any unsightly weeds, and cutting the grass. Planting just a few fresh flowers can make a big impact, even in the colder months.
- If your main entrance door is old, a fresh coat of paint will make it look like new. In some cases, the effect is significant.
- Remove any items that might distract the buyer from forming a good first impression. For example, garbage cans, stored items along the side of the property, etc.
- Make sure the curtains and blinds on your front windows are open during viewings. That will make your home look more friendly and appealing.
- If your driveway has grease stains and other blemishes, consider renting a power washer and giving the driveway a thorough cleaning.
- Clean your front windows. If possible, also clean the exterior panes.
Finally, if possible, park your vehicles on the street and away from your home. Doing this will not only make your home look more inviting to buyers, it will give them a convenient place to park.
Most of these tips can be done in less than a day. Yet, they can make a big difference in your home’s curb appeal. They are worth the effort! Let me know if you need to be put in touch with some local professionals.