Ensuring Fast Delivery when Shopping Online
If you’re like most people, you hope that you’ll receive your online orders within
a few days. Sure, a purchase might occasionally arrive later than expected.
That’s just the reality of online shopping.
But, what if you need an item delivered quickly, without risk of delay?
Here are a few suggestions:
• Check if the product is in stock. That’s usually indicated on the web page,
but you can also phone to confirm. In-stock items usually ship quickly.
• Avoid special orders. Those always take longer to ship.
• If possible, find out if the product is coming from overseas. The longer the
supply chain, the higher the likelihood of delays.
• Find out if in-store pickup is available. Retailers ship to their stores faster
than they do to their customer’s homes.
• Avoid ordering from a “bricks and mortar” store that doesn’t sell very much
online. If online ordering and delivery is merely a sideline for them, delays
will likely be common.
• If possible, order from companies that promise a specific date or date
range for delivery. For example, “Arrives by May 5.”
Getting online orders delivered on time is especially important for items you
need when preparing your home for sale. If that’s the case for you, call today
for more ideas.